Unbelievable! When I bought my ticket to Bloggers in Sin City in January, it seemed so far away. Now that Las Vegas is less than two weeks from today, I have come up with a list of ways I am getting ready for this blogger extravaganza.
01. Redefine “pool-ready” body! I considered doing a bunch of sit-ups and start hula hooping, but having the discipline to actually carry it through? Not so much. With all the pool time, I can only hope to pick out a flattering swimsuit and cover-up, and stock up on sunscreen! A floppy hat for pool time is also essential.
02. Learn to gamble. I’ve always liked craps, but I need to brush up on the rules of the game. What I liked most about the game wasn’t the winning [since I didn’t do that often], but it was the sense of camaraderie at the table since you’re rolling the dice for each other. I should just save up my pennies and splurge on food instead! I played some slots last year and came out even.
03. Bring my appetite. I cannot imagine a trip with Linda without eating a lot. We have a trip to Lotus of Siam planned already. Not to mention – there are several buffets on our #BiSC agenda! Like I said earlier, give up on the idea of a pool-ready body already and substitute with sunscreen!
04. Learn to love nap time! With some of our activities scheduled to start late in the evening, I had better take naps during the day, so I can keep up with all the young ‘uns. Poolside naps? I am super excited about the Mad Men party and the Cirque du Soleil performance, but they both start after 10pm.
05. Exercise the liver! Skyy Vodka was incredibly generous and not only sent each attendee a bottle of their Skyy Coconut, but they also included mini bottles of Skyy Original, Blood Orange, Coconut, and Ginger for our goodie bags. I will have to practice mixing up some drinks beforehand!
For those who have been to Las Vegas, any other tips on surviving Sin City?
Previous #BiSC-post – 8 Reasons I am Excited for #BISC
Disclosure: The post was brought to you by Foxy Bingo, and as always, all opinions are my own.