* My parents worry me. I think that’s natural as they get older, but just this week, my dad got into a car accident. He’s fine, but his car is not. Then there’s my mother who can’t wait the two weeks the doctor told her was required for recovery [she had surgery on her shoulder]. She’s traipsing about town as if everything is normal. So worrisome! I was telling the sister that it’s no wonder some kids live with their parents. We’d have to do that in order to keep up with their shenanigans/mishaps!
* Sasha has not been feeling well. Stomach issues that should go away in a few days, but since this hasn’t happened before, we were worried pet parents on Wednesday. We took her to a vet, and he put us at ease about the whole ordeal. Since dogs are all about food, who knew that not eating for most of the day would be normal?!
* I am overwhelmed with all the blogging commitments I’ve made. I signed up for NaBloPoMo, and I am already wondering [it’s only day four] if I should have done that. To blog every day requires time and energy. I’m hoping that by posting daily, I won’t lose out on what I want the blog to reflect. In the past, I have gotten lazy and written WHATEVER, only to go through and delete it later on. I’m hoping that I don’t have to do that this time around. I’m also part of a video blogging collaboration channel called MSTHK. That’s only once a week, thankfully. I joined up because I didn’t want my video blogging every day in August to go to waste.
* A weekend on the Central Coast that was part of the Great Fundraising Act. Ryan and I headed down to Camarillo on Friday. As part of the package, we had the opportunity to check out one of the Channel Islands. We chose Anacapa Island and headed over there Saturday morning to pick up a few National Parks Passport stamps. In the evening, we grabbed dinner up in Montecito with his youngest brother. Sunday, we met up with a long-time internet friend of mine [Hi Patrick!] for breakfast before a little bit of time at the outlets.
* Two food/blogging-related events in the upcoming weekends – Foodbuzz Festival and IFBC. I’m a little sad that some of the folks I met last year won’t be in attendance, but there will be plenty of new faces to meet.
* Pumpkin carving success! It was trash day today, so guess where those ended up?