Happy Thursday! It’s time for another edition of Wine and Love! The concept is simple – each Thursday, list what’s driving you to grab a glass of wine and what you’re loving. The series was created by Walking With Nora and now hosted here. Grab the button and join in!
* Not being able to clone oneself is frustrating. There are a lot of places I want to be at the same time, doing different things. Then there could be a responsible version of me doing laundry and cleaning house while another me would be out having fun.
* Random acts of vandalism piss me off so much! Glad I wasn’t in the Mission last night.
* We were invited to a small gathering of food bloggers and publishers to meet Michael Natkin and sample bites out of his cookbook Herbivoracious. The chèvre with sautéed grapes recipe he demonstrated was quick, easy and delicious!
* My sketchbook arrived! I’d seen Linda posting about her sketchbooks in the last few years, and while I almost signed up for it last year, I didn’t actually make it happen until now. I’m not sure what I will be sketching, and I hope the theme finds me as I start sketching.
* 13 days until Bloggers in Sin City!
* Ryan’s mom gifted us with a beer tasting at Tap 25, a spot in Livermore that maintains 25 craft drafts. We stopped in Sunday afternoon to try the beer.
On the paddle on the left, Dogfish Head Urkontinent, Firestone Dba, Anderson Valley Wee Geech, and Ace Perry Cider. On the paddle on the right, Dogfish Head Urkontinent, Grand Teton Wake Up Call Imperial Porter, Sudwerk Hefeweizen, and Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s IPA. Yes, we ordered the Urkontinent twice because I really liked the unique combination of flavors.
* Yoga class with a friend. She emails almost every week about the class she’s teaching, and this was the first week that I showed up to class. It felt really good to stretch and do the poses, so I’d really love to do more.
* Weekend getaway!
What’s on your Wine/Love list this week?