Wine and Love is a weekly series of the good “Love” and bad “Wine” for the week. Participating is simple. Post two lists – one with what’s making us w(h)ine and one all about the love. Add your link below!
* Busy at work (worked until late several nights in a row) and with many other things. I’d love a second to just relax. It’s the end of the year, so I’m catching up on all the things I need to have finished before 2013 comes around.
* Crab fishermen are on strike around here. That means low supply or more expensive crabs while they’re available. It puts a damper on Crabsgiving, but we’re still looking forward to having friends over.
* Fancy holiday party was this past weekend, and fancy parties mean fancy dresses! This time, I rented from Rent the Runway. I basically look like a purple ornament, which I don’t mind since I love purple.
* My backup dress was not available, and they took it upon themselves to send me a different backup. That was actually really nice of them, but the dress didn’t fit. Thankfully my first choice was a hit, and I was able to wear it to the ball. They sent me a second backup after I told them about the first backup, but it didn’t arrive until Monday morning. Guess who was sitting around the house in a ball gown on Monday night? See evidence below.
* I have officially declared my annoyance with garage sales. I have, however, discovered a love for the Salvation Army and Goodwill. When looking for specific items, it’s so much easier going into one of those and walking to a particular section of the store. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, Ryan and I went photo frame hunting and after a few hours thrifting, we went home with 10+ frames (spending only $20-$30). My frame wall will come to life over the holidays!